iCat 3D Imaging
Dr. Kevin Sims Birmingham Periodontist is proud to offer the latest technology in 3D imaging utilizing CBCT (cone beam computed tomography) technology to visualize the entire anatomy of the head in 3D Imaging. We recently added this to our intraoral digital scanner, so we no longer need to take molds of the teeth and bite, instead we can scan it in 3D Imaging in real time. iCat 3D Imaging offers award winning technology that provides 3D images to improve the quality of the diagnosis & treatment planning process. Evaluating in three dimensions is more accurate than in two dimensions, which leads to missing data and potentially missed diagnosis, or incorrect diagnosis.
The amount of data shown in a CBCT scan is significantly more information than a two dimensional traditional Panoramic or Cephalometric X-ray. We are now able to visualize the Temporal Mandibular Joint (TMJ) in 3D, the airway with a 3D volume rendering to assist with our diagnosis of airway constriction that has been shown to lead to Obstructive sleep apnea (OSA).
iCat 3D Imaging offers the next generation technology that captures 3D views from a single arch to the full skull. This technology allows Dr. Sims to screen for restricted airways, detect TMD/TMJ problems, and overall create a more comprehensive treatment plan through diagnosis of their 3D scan. iCat 3D Imaging offers the highest quality imaging with the least amount of radiation. The radiation exposure is equivalent to one hour in the sun. Dr. Sims Perio is excited to offer 3D CBCT imaging to view more, with less x-ray exposure then the traditional series of x-rays.
Our office is equipped with the iCAT 3D Imaging system, the most advanced 3D Imaging technology available. The iCAT 3D Imaging system allows us to provide quick, comfortable, and effective dental imaging for the most precise diagnosis possible. iCAT technology provides 3D information for:
- Dental implants
- Wisdom teeth evaluation
- Fractured teeth
- TMJ treatment
- Evaluation of sinus cavity
- Full facial and jaw 3D images
- Anatomical location of nerves and blood vessels for surgical safety
Take advantage of a more complete examination with iCAT imaging. Special features for patients include:
- One, 20-second scan that provides critical information for a complete diagnosis with improved surgical outcomes
- A more accurate diagnosis with less radiation than traditional CT scanners
- Increased comfort — patients are seated in an open environment with plenty of space
- A more cost-effective imaging system
- Dr. Sims uses the images to educate you, which allows you to make more informed decisions about your course of treatment.
Learn more about 3D Imaging by contacting us online today.
What would you do with more confidence?
Find out today.